I decided to make a warm salad with this fresh ingredient along with some cool elements of citrus!
1) One large bowl of organic grown kale (10-15 stalks)
2) One large organic blood orange or orange of choice
3) 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
4) 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
5) Raspberry vinaigrette (store bought with good ingredients).
6) Vanilla Bean sea salt and Ghost Pepper sea salt (optional)
Wash kale and separate from the stalk into pieces. Saute kale in a tablespoon of coconut oil until wilted. Cut up the blood orange into sections and add to plated sauteed kale. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to small saute pan and lightly brown slivered almonds. Add almonds to salad and lightly drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.
I added Vanilla Bean sea salt to heighten the flavor of all ingredients and added a touch of vanilla. I also added a very little pinch of Ghost Pepper sea salt to add some heat to this sweet salad!