Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Celery Root Chips with Natural Sea Salt!

I absolutely love potato chips, all kinds and all flavors! However, they all do not love me...





I am not a big fan of the oils and additives they add to store bought chips and I happen to react to a specific starch in potato chips...so I have had to look for tasty alternatives. Lucky me there are a lot of them out there!

My new favorite ingredient for this purpose is the celery root chip! If it wasn't for my quest for real food, I don't think I would have ever stumbled upon this amazing root.

It again is really simple to make.  Take the root and scrub clean.  Then take a vegetable peeler and peel the outer skin.  Once fully peeled and washed go ahead and cut into thin slices.  It is important to slice them uniformly so that they cook evenly.

Toss slices in coconut oil and arrange on a baking sheet, lined with natural parchment paper will reduce sticking. Cook at 400 degrees until golden brown.

Place on a plate and season with your favorite Old City Salts natural sea salt blends!  We used Sun Ripened Tomato sea salt and it was fabulous.  Smoked Serrano, Spanish Rosemary, Vanilla Bean and Ghost Pepper would be fabulous as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment