Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Monday, March 4, 2013

Ground Beef with Golden Berries and Jasmine Rice

I was feeling a bit exotic and wanted a healthy beef dish with all kinds of flavor...so this is what I came up with.

Just a quick note about me:  I never follow recipes, I will get inspired by others, however there is something in my personality that does not allow me to follow the written direction when it comes to food or grocery lists.  

I am a free spirit when it comes to these things and sometimes it takes me to such high heights and newly explored ingredients and sometimes I go back to the drawing board.  BUT always, it is me and what comes out of my heart, mind and soul.

This one was a hit!  I sauteed finely chopped onions (1 medium) and garlic (3-4 cloves) until translucent.  Then I removed and added my grass fed ground beef (1 1/2 lbs).  Render your beef until cooked.

Add back in your onions and garlic and add about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.  I finely chopped some left over organic kale and added this to the mix!

Slowly allow this to simmer and meld all the flavors together.

I then cooked a really delicious Jasmine rice!  Once cooked, add to a small bowl and lightly pat down.  Turn the bowl over on a large plate and you will have a beautiful dome presentation!

I added a bit of berry punch to my meat mixture with the super berry - Golden Berry!  Add to your meat mixture near the end of cooking (1/2 cup) and allow them to simmer in the juices and plump up a bit!  This gives the dish a tart sweetness that pops with this dish!

Of course, season this dish well with a natural sea salt!  We used Smoked Serrano for a mild touch of heat which paired well with the sweetness of the berry!





No comments:

Post a Comment