Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Friday, March 15, 2013

Simply Elevated Okra and Thai Ginger Sea Salt

I love when I get my hands on a fresh, whole ingredient!  Most of them I could just wash off and eat right out of the garden!

Sometimes, my family likes a little preparation...so here is what I did to simply elevate this delicious okra!

I had about 30 small delicate okra and I washed them and then patted them dry.  

Next, I like to trim off the ends so the whole thing can be eaten off the plate!  Next, I warmed up a skillet with about a tablespoon of organic unrefined coconut oil.  

Lightly saute the okra in the coconut oil for about 5 minutes, turning and making sure they do not burn.

Finally, toss your okra in your favorite serving dish and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Thai Ginger sea salt!  The okra should still retain it's freshness, but be warmed up and seasoned just nicely!

My 4 and 6 year old cannot get enough of them!  I'm a happy Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment