Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Monday, January 14, 2013

Homemade Chicken Broth Soup Simply Elevated with Sun Ripened Tomato Sea Salt

I am a huge fan of homemade chicken broth.  

I boil a whole chicken for about an hour, pop the whole chicken in the oven to roast for about 30 minutes to crisp up the skin.  I reserve all the stock water and de-bone the roasted chicken.  Add all bones back into the stock and leave it on low for up to 24 hours.  Add any vegetable trimmings to add additional flavor.

You now have an extremely flavorful, healthy broth to use as your starting base.  I add the reserved cooked chicken, kale (my favorite), onions, avocado, garlic etc.  

Elevate it with a sea salt blend.  My favorite on this one is Sun Ripened Tomato sea salt.  It lends an added punch and crunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment