Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Monday, February 25, 2013

Simply Elevated Poached Egg and Local Vegetable

Poached eggs are one of my favorites!  They are so easy to make, they taste divine and clean up is a cinch!

To make heat up a pan full of water and add a tablespoon or two of vinegar to the water, this will help the egg seize up when it hits the water and stay more compact.

Gently heat on medium until the egg yolk appears the desired consistency.  I like mine to be a little bit runny.

The sauce on this dish was made by taking 1/2 cup of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a couple of dashes of hot sauce all combined into a blender.  Add water to thin to your desired consistency.

I was lucky enough to have fresh broccoli just picked from my friends garden.  What a perfect side!

To finish I added Smoked Serrano sea salt because I don't cook with any type of salt and want to save that for last!


No comments:

Post a Comment