Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rutabaga Chips Seasoned with Spanish Rosemary Sea Salt

The rutabaga....not something I would run across prior to my life of whole foods.  No, back then I would reach for a bag of potato chips.

I learned later on that potato was not an option for me  due to it aggravating my health condition.  I still miss salty, crispy chips... so I have made a chip out of just about every vegetable I could find.  

I must say that these vegetables and the addition of our natural sea salt blends have totally satisfied my craving for salted chips!

Ingredients:
1)  1 large rutabaga
2)  Coconut oil
3)  Spanish Rosemary sea salt or your choice
4)  Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:

Wash and peel a large rutabaga.  Cut into thin slices with a sharp knife or mandolin.  Coat the pieces in coconut oil and arrange on a baking tray.  Olive oil may be used as well.  

Bake at 425 degrees until slightly browned.  Plate and sprinkle with Spanish Rosemary sea salt and grated Parmesan cheese! 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment