Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Roasted Balsamic Beets

Beets, Beets, Beets....yes sound the drums I definitely move to the beat of a beet!  

When I have a chance to pick up some fresh organic beets I stock up on them because they are so versatile!  I love them raw, in juices, as a natural food dye, pickled and roasted!

Last night I only had a few minutes to get a side on the table with my chicken so I made this quick and easy side.

Ingredients:

1)  4 large organic beets
2)  2 tablespoons of coconut oil
3)  Aged Balsamic glaze (to taste)
4)  Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
5)  Aged Balsamic sea salt (2-3 pinches)

Directions:

Wash and quarter your organic beets into similar sizes and shapes.  Arrange on a baking tray, drizzle with coconut oil, roast in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic glaze and finish with aged balsamic sea salt! 

It is almost like eating candy, only better!  The roasting brings out the sweetness of the beet, the aged balsamic glaze lends a sweet and sour component and the aged balsamic sea salt wraps it all up in a mineral balsamic-y goodness!

It took minutes to prepare, it's healthy, it's colorful, it's full of flavor!  Perfect for a family dinner or an elegant dinner party!  My two girls devoured them.

Keep it Real!  Keep it Simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment