Old City Salts

Old City Salts
Introducing Sampler Minis

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Puree


Here is a little guiltless indulgence, sweet potato pureed with peanut butter!

This was inspired by my children who are rapidly growing and often hungry.  I don't want to feed them every 30 minutes so I try to find foods that will satisfy and hold them for a while.

My 6 year old came up to me 2 hours before dinner asking for a snack (UGH).  I looked at the stove and my sweet potatoes were ready to puree and I had an idea!  

I added a scoop of healthy, organic, natural peanut butter to the sweet potatoes.   A little bit of coconut oil to keep it smooth.  Whola...I now had a quick and easy snack that is loaded with healthy oils, vegetable and protein that should hold them for a while!

I then used these lovely peanut butter potato puree at dinner, however I drizzled it with extra virgin olive oil and added a pinch or two of Smoked Serrano sea salt! 

It was amazing!!!!  The finish was just the right simple elevation I was craving.

If you have a real food kitchen remember to use all ingredients at your disposal to be creative with combining whole, fresh ingredients that are satisfying, healthy and delicious!

Keep it Real!  Keep it Simple!

Ingredients:

1)  3 large sweet potatoes
2)  3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3)  2 tablespoons of organic natural peanut butter
4)  Extra virgin olive oil
5)  Smoked Serrano sea salt (to taste)

Directions:

Peel, cut and cube sweet potatoes.  Bring to boil in a large pot until fork tender.  Drain, reserve 1/4 cup liquid and mash or use a puree stick.  Add the peanut butter and coconut oil, mix well.  Plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and finish with a pinch or two of Smoked Serrano sea salt!




No comments:

Post a Comment